Transport of dangerous goods

When chemical substances and products are classified as dangerous goods for transport, they are regulated by a comprehensive set of rules covering transport by road, rail, ship or aircraft.

Based on our extensive knowledge of the effects of chemical substances on humans and the environment, our certified safety advisors can help you to:

  • classify dangerous goods at expert level
  • choose packaging and ensure proper labelling of your products
  • quality-assure work procedures, including loading and unloading
  • prepare the required documents

We also offer in-house courses for employees working with transport of dangerous goods.

Ingelise Dige Semark

Tel.: +45 4516 9221


Transport conventions

The transport of dangerous goods is regulated by the following agreements and regulations.

ADR (Road):  Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road

RID (rail):  Regulations concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Rail 

The conventions for IMDG and IATA DGR cannot be downloaded for free, but can be purchased here:


Chemical Safety Advisor

All companies involved in the transport of dangerous goods by road or rail must appoint a certified chemical safety advisor.

When you choose DHI as your safety advisor, you get professional help and guidance that goes beyond the regulatory requirements.

In addition to being fully abreast with the transport conventions, we have in-depth knowledge of other chemical legislations such as REACH and CLP and can also help you to:

  • classify "uncommon" substances or mixtures based on toxicological studies or scientific experience
  • classify hazardous waste, which is also hazardous goods
  • prepare safety data sheets